Windsor Foodshare was initiated by the Churches in Windsor in October 2013. It is part of Windsor Christian Action, a registered charity. It is centred around the desire for fairness and where there is abundance for it to be shared. Our approach is to treat everyone as equal and make no judgements on how need has arisen.
We seek to help individuals or families where one or more people in the home are not able to eat one or more days during a week because they cannot afford it. We also seek to help people who would find themselves in that position without our help. We help people living in and around Windsor. The following organisations can refer:
- Children’s Services, Children’s Centre Hub, Family Friends, Riverside Childrens’ Centre,
- Schools, Manor Green Special School, St,Edward’s Royal Free, Windsor Pre-Schools
- Faith Leaders, Dedworth Churches, New Windsor Team Ministry, URC Windsor, Windsor Methodist Church, Windsor Baptist Church
- Charities, Berkshire Women’s Aid, The Brett Foundation, Christians Against Poverty, The DASH Charity, PACT – Advance Charity Partnership, Windsor Homeless Project
- Local Services, Browns Community Services, Citizens Advice Bureau, Community Wardens, Local Welfare (RBWM), Community Mental Health Team, Probation Service, Radian Housing, Resilience, Social Prescription, Social Services, Talking Therapies, West Windsor Hub, Windsor Probation Service
Citizens Advice Bureau Windsor. Appointments can be made at the Windsor Library, Bachelors Acre Windsor, SL4 1ER on a Wednesday morning by calling 03444 111 444.
Our catchment area includes Windsor , Datchet, Ascot, Old Windsor, Horton and Wrasbury.
If you need help and are out of our catchment area, the following other groups may be able to help. In and around Slough, there is the Slough Foodbank. In and around High Wycombe and Beaconsfield, there is the One Can Trust. In and around Maidenhead there is Maidenhead Foodshare. Runnymede Foodbank has distribution centres in Englefield Green and Egham and serves Staines and Virginia Water. Bracknell Foodbank issues vouchers to people living in the SL5 postcode.
If you have been given our food, check out our recipes page as to how to use some of it.